- Q: Am I a candidate for veneers?
- A: Almost anybody can get veneers. As long as you have no dental problems, Dr. Ngo should be able to proceed with your veneer treatment easily. If we find that you do have dental problems, such as tooth decay or gum disease, we will recommend treating those issues before we can continue with your veneers.
- Q: What happens during a cosmetic dental veneer procedure?
- A: Veneer procedures take at least two visits to complete. The first visit is a consultation and preparation stage. Dr. Ngo will take an impression of your teeth to use as a model for creating your custom veneer. Veneers are very thin, but in most cases Dr. Ngo will need to remove a slight amount of enamel from the front of the teeth that are receiving veneers. The amount removed will match the thickness of the veneers. Before you leave, Dr. Ngo may place temporary veneers over the teeth that have had their enamel reduced to protect them until the next visit. It takes about one to two weeks for a custom veneer to be created. Once it is ready, we will call you in for your second visit. When you arrive, Dr. Ngo will remove your temporary veneers and place your custom veneers. Before hardening the bonding material, he will test the fit, shape, and color to ensure it matches well and there are no problems.
- Q: How long will my veneers last?
- A: As with most dental restorations, the better you take care of them, the longer they will last. Veneers can last for more than ten years if properly cared for. They can be treated as if they are part of your natural teeth. Simply follow the same routine oral hygiene habits you would normally.
- Q: How much will veneers cost me?
- A: Cosmetic veneers can be expensive depending on how many you choose to have placed. Some choose to give their smile a complete veneer makeover, while others only choose to get a few. In many cases, only two or three veneers can make a big difference in the look of your smile. Dental insurance may help cover some of the cost of your veneers. If you are unsure of your insurance company’s policies toward veneers, we will help you find out before your treatment. We also offer flexible payment plans to help you pay for your veneers.
Veneers can make a big difference in the look of your smile.